>>>

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Im Still Alive...


Well, its been far too long since I've updated this, (work, bereavement, work, and certain interwebz drama) but I've not been completely inactive all this time! Work has continued at what can only be described as a haphazard pace, but still, at least there is progress!


Firstly, a Fantasy update:

How important is the background, or "fluff" to you? Personally, when it comes to 40k, I may start with noble intentions but I end up with a mix of "What I Like" and "What Is Best". However, when it comes to WFB, I get sucked into the story a lot more. Perhaps it comes from being more of a fantasy-book guy than a sci-fi guy, I dunno. Alls I knows is, when it comes to a Fantasy army, I like mine to have (even a rudimentry) theme/character/a reason.

As you may know, The Empire is made up of several Provinces, and I have decided to draw my Empire army from 3 provinces. Stirland, Ostermark and Averland This will enable me to get a nice range of colours in the army, but keep overall unity for the army. from a fluff point of view, the fact that all three provinces border Sylvania, and and could fight my vampires is just an added bonus!

Breaking it down, Stirland is the rustic, backwards province, and as such will provide the green and yellow-garbed militia, archers and one raving warrior priest. Being a war-weary, hard bitten province, Ostermark will be providing the backbone of the army, the infantry and leadership cadre in the finest purple and yellow. Finally,the wealth of Averland wealth will be used to provide the Artillery and gunpowder regiments for the force.



From the start I wanted to use a lot of special models as the characters, and spent quite some time hunting down some ebay bargains and the like to get them, so I present to you...



Father Gumpert, of The Stir








Hans Grosch, Hauptmann(Captain) of Ostermark









Sebastian Grosch, Hauptmann of Ostermark



Anselm Lorr, of the Brothers of Sigmar








Oswald von Kaputsch, Kraftsman of Averland





All that remains is for me to find a suitably imposing (or aloof) model to represent "Herr Grosch", the General of the army!

And in other news, the fifth and final part of my little "Archangels" series is finished, here is a tasty teaser:

And before I say goodbye, two final things:
One: I have recently started my first proper Commission, so expect to see some in-progress shots of some White Scars soon!
Two: Here is another thing I have finished. My first ever sculpt-from-scratch. Yes I know his face is a bit messed up (the eyes scare me), but Im trying to fix that. Anyway, enjoy.



PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. While the face is a bit...grotesque...it is a better first face then I ever did. You lucked out, the proportions are correct. That's hard to do, however your GS skills have surpassed my own, so it would be hard to direct you better. The main thing I would suggest is not trying to pick out individual teeth. He's not an Orc or Undead. That would be better for them. However, a straight line would be better in the future.

    ReplyDelete